Thursday 2 March 2017

A being of power and unspeakable terror....



In all the realms there is only one being so terrible...

Only one creature with such power...

Only one who can bring such ruination with its every step....

None can challenge it...

None has ever fought it and lived...

No one shall escape its ruin, and the realms with be torn asunder by its very will....


SLOP HAS COME, AND HE SHALL SEE THE WORLD BURN.



Okay, Maybe I'm being a bit dramatic.
But i really love this mini, It just seems to ooze character and hints at so many weird and wonderful possibilities.As a sculpt it's charmingly simple, a real joy to paint, but managed to convey a real Bosch style weirdness that has often felt lacking from Age of Sigmar since the start.

My reason for painting it was mostly for fun as i love the model, But i also wanted to see if I could get across a dark and atmospheric style using a brighter and colder palette than I've been relying on to this point.
I also decided to give base experimentation a try.I love the way John Blanche bases his models, the ground less of a diorama and more an atmospheric nondescript setting for the miniature.

You migth also notice that this model is photographed much better than anything else to date despite being bloody tiny! Well I'm still using the same old smart phone to get my models from desk to computer, But i have been messing around with lighting a bit and came up with a happy medium between dark as hell and yellower than an imperial fist on the surface of the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment